Windows 10 fails to boot after a power failure. No startup options; Blue screen showing “The Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information”. I don’t want to reinstall the operating system and other dozens of application. Is there any way to fix missing bcd error.
As mentioned above in this situation windows automatic startup repair won’t work. But you can try recover tools. To do so you need a windows 10 installation media (Disc or USB Flash drive). Read here how to download bootable windows installation media.
1. Boot Windows 10 from your installation media.
Use common shortcut key to select boot device are F10 , ALT + F2 etc
2. Select language and region then click next
3. Click on Repair your computer option it will redirect to Troubleshoot > Advanced options.
Then open Command Prompt.
If this method not working use shortcut key SHIFT + F10 to open Command prompt
4. Type the following command and then hit the Enter button. It will scan and identify your installed windows
Note there is a space between ‘Bootrec’ and ‘/’
5. Message will appear
Add installation to boot list? Yes(Y)/No(N)/All(A):
Type A then hit enter
6. The operation will complete within a minute. You are successfully recovered all missing Boot Configuration Data