First, you need to get a 4way handshake from the device to find out the wifi password. The procedure for saving a 4-way handshake using CommView for wifi is explained in another post.
Watch the following video
1. Download and extract aircrack-ng
2. Go to the ‘bin‘ folder and open aircrack-ng Gui
3. Choose capture file (4way handshake cap file)
4. Here we are trying to find out the WPA password. So select WPA
5. Now select the dictionary file. It is actually a list of possible password. You can crack the WPA password only if the password is in this dictionary. The bigger the dictionary higher the chance to break the WPA password. You can download popular dictionary file from the internet.
Here my password is ‘superonion’ and this word is available in this dictionary file
6. Click on Advanced options
Here specify the ESSID (wifi name). Please note, it is case sensitive
Leave BSSID. We will fill it in later. Click Launch
7. From the new window, note the BSSID for which handshake is available.
8. Fill this BSSID aircrack-ng GUI. Then launch again
9. This time aircrack will start to check the word available in your dictionary against captured 4way handshake.
Here aircrack successfully find out our password ‘superonion’