Watch the following video for better understanding
1. Make sure you have PAN card and Aadhaar in your reach. Check the name, and the date of birth are same on those two cards.
What if my Aadhaar card has only year of birth, can I link this to PAN?
Old Aadhaar card only has a year of birth instead date of birth. You can link this old Aadhaar card to PAN without any problem.
Can I link my Aadhaar card to PAN if there is a mismatch in name?
Now the whole linking process is simplified. If you have tiny mismatches (like no initial in one card), it is OK you can link successfully by Aadhaar OTP. If there is a mismatch in certain extent, there is option Links to correct Name on income tax website. It is always worth to try.
2. Go to income tax India efiling website https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
3. Click Link Aadhaar option on the left sidebar. It will take you to a new window.
4. Fill your PAN, AADHAAR Number, and the Name as in the AADHAAR
5. If you have only year birth in Aadhaar put a tick in small box. otherwise, skip this step
6. Enter the Captcha code as shown in the image then click Link Aadhaar
7. You will get success message “Aadhaar-PAN linking is completed successfully”
Congratulations you did it right!